15 Comments

1. Prior-2001 says:

Is she “on” the arch??
    Such a cool photo – the flag so low s d the bright blue!
    We were just near the arch, but regretfully did not get closer – ;(

1. Galen911 says:

No… Beth was standing firmly on the ground aiming up at the arch… which is out of the picture.

Thanks for commenting…

Galen

Liked by 1 person

1. Prior-2001 says:

Oh so that is the ground below her feet – and now I see that (and G – it adds another element to the looking up) – and now I feel silly thinking she was on some form of it – bah! But I was thinking maybe s visitor area / oh I don’t know! Ha!
        would love to see a photo with the arch included sometime – just curious – have s good day

2. Galen911 says:

Yes… she is on ground level at the base of the arch. The base of the two sides of the arch is much larger than I expected… it is quite a sight to see. I am taking the photograph on steps which go down to a side street and the Mississippi River.

Seeing the arch from a distance is awesome… being there up close is breathtaking…

Galen

Liked by 1 person

3. Prior-2001 says:

Galen you said it so well seeing it close up is BREATHTAKING!
        thanks for the reply and good day….

4. Galen911 says:

I’ll send you a few more photographs I shot if interested. It’s interesting… I wasn’t planning on stopping on our way through St Louis that day… there were seven of us and we were headed to South Bend, Indiana. The grandkids kinda talked me into stopping… it wasn’t my idea… but guess what? Three hours later I was still thoroughly enjoying myself. The arch… the park… the Mississippi River up close… I am so glad I let them talk me into stopping!

Galen

Liked by 2 people

5. Prior-2001 says:

Yes – please send me some pics – there are not many online and after reading your comment I now regret we did not persuade my spouse into taking us closer – I knew we should have made the time for it – it would have been another two hours on our trip – we were going to KS – anyhow glad you yielded too!
        And thx for sharing – I am vowing that to make sure my kids see this next time!

2. Lena says:

Very nice approach, great angle and very simple in a good way!

1. Galen911 says:

Thank you Lena. I prefer uncomplicated. Glad you liked it…

Galen